Tuesday, December 13, 2011

FREE hosting

Let's think why I would choose free hosting and why I wouldn't choose paid hosting? Some will answer both of my questions with "why not choose it, its free!" Well, maybe I will choose it because I only need a blog where I can write my thoughts and post some pictures, so I won't need to much space and for my personal use and that of the friends that will use it, I will not need that much speed. But this is my case and the case of those that will need web hosting for the same reasons. But if you need web hosting and you need unlimited space and speed and you need bandwidth then you need something more and for more you will have to pay.
If you want to make a website where you will stock a lot of information then for sure you will not be able to use free web hosting. Also if you wish to create an ecommerce website you could do it with free web hosting but not one could guarantee you that you will have satisfied clients or even that they will be able to send the orders from one go without having the site fail a couple of times. Certainly you do not wish all of these things to happen. Then there are two other aspects that you need to know when you are taking free web hosting. Now, this will not be that important in a matter of extend but they need to be taken into consideration. The web hosting company will always display ads and commercials on your page which will look like a Christmas tree. You might think that this is not a big deal, but it might be for your visitors and for sure it will take from your credibility as a serious business.
The other think that you should consider once you know the rest is that if at one time you afford to pay for web hosting in order to benefit from better services you will not be able to move your site like you could do from certain paid web hosting. Now, if you take all these and think about them you will notice that I might choose free web hosting because it is just what I need at the moment, but you sure can't or you shouldn't if you are starting a business online.

No comments:

Post a Comment